Thursday, February 14, 2013

Rave Review: Trader Joe's Thai Green Curry Simmer Sauce

Rave Review: Yum x 2

This weekend my girlfriends and I ran away to a cabin for a ski get away. Well I guess it's technically not a ski get away if you don't go skiing. Details. My friend Amber who is an amazing chef cooked us some great meals. On our second night she used Trader Joe's Thai Green Curry simmer sauce to make a great vegetarian curry. I couldn't stop thinking about how easy it whipped up, and how great the sauce tasted! So I ran out to the store and grabbed some for a wednesday night dinner.   I feel that i'm usually let down by pre made sauces, but this one was different! It's creamy and flavorfully with quite a kick! (It's downright spicy so if you like mild this isn't for you) 

source: www.smitaphotoblog.com
I used a container of Asian Stir Fry Vegetable mix (also from Trader Joe's). It had red and green peppers, baby corn, water chestnuts, mushrooms, red and white onions, snow peas, and carrotts. I also chopped up some zucchini and threw that in there. I sauteed all the veggies with a little olive oil in a large frying pan for about 7 minutes before adding in the simmer sauce and cooking for an additional 10 minutes. I served this over quinoa because that's what I had, but I preferred it over brown rice.  I'm really excited to have a new quick, healthy weeknight meal to add to my regular go to's!

Side note: On our trip Amber surprised us with the most amazing wine sippy cups!! Such and awesome gift. I totally know what I'm bringing to the office gift swap next Christmas!! They come in all sorts of colors and you can buy them at http://store.theproductfarm.com. You can complain about being snowed in if you have wine in Sippy Cups!






No comments:

Post a Comment