Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Welcome to Starting to Simmer

In short- I'm learning to cook. I love to eat food, and I love making it. I grew up in upstate New York and learned the basics in my family's kitchen. It really wasn't until I moved to San Diego a few years ago that I really started to be more adventurous and try cooking new things. I'm now regularly attempting new dishes and decided to document the process.


I live in a part of San Diego called Pacific Beach. Living in Southern California near the beach has definitely had an influence on the way I cook. I try to choose fresh seasonal ingredients whenever possible. I love shopping at the local farmer's markets and Henry's. I HATE high fructose corn syrup. In general I try to cook healthy food but will occasionally go into a baking frenzy. I also enjoy trying new wines and local restaurants so you'll see reviews of both. My boyfriend Kevin helps me cook, and is usually the first person to try anything that I make... as long at it doesn't contain cheese. (Kevin hates cheese. Oh well more cheese for me!) My Dad also frequently sends out recipes suggestions.


So that's the gist of it- Welcome to Starting to Simmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment