Thursday, February 10, 2011

Weeknight Steak

Don't get me wrong, I love a good cooking adventure, but sometimes you just wanna eat dinner- right now! Just because its a weeknight doesn't mean you should have to eat something boring though. After a run Kevin and I threw together a quick dinner that took less then 30 minutes and after we ate I sat there thinking- "Hey even though this isn't fancy its really good! There's no reason I shouldn't write a blog about it"


All you'll need to make this is some steak, and veggies for a side. (We had New York Strip Steak) Our sides were asparagus (just grilled with olive oil, salt and pepper), and sweet potatoes (brushed with olive oil and baked with some salt, pepper, and rosemary).  I made a quick marinade for the steaks and let them sit for about an hour while we were running. (Don't have time to marinate? Just brush the steak with the sauce while grilling.) When we came back we cooked everything up and dinner was ready in less then 30 minutes. I made the steak marinade out of stuff I had in the fridge and played around with the ingredients until I got something I liked- this is roughly what was in it.

Steak Marinade
yield: just enough for 2 steaks
1 Tablespoon Hoisin sauce
2 1/2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons mustard
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
1  olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
fresh ground salt & pepper

Combine all ingredients and marinate steaks in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Grill steak for about 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.


Yummmm. Sorry this isn't a fancy pants post, but sometimes simple is better- right?

No comments:

Post a Comment